Holiday concerts to bring out spirit of season

Tatiana Barrios, Sports Editor

The holidays are just around the corner, so what other way to spend it than at a place full of wonderful holiday music!

If your favorite holiday music is the classic instrumental and choir performances, visiting the Walt Disney Concert Hall in December may be your best choice.

The Los Angeles Philharmonic performs their Holiday Sing-Along on Dec. 16,  which is perfect for a family outing to get into the holiday spirit. They equip their audiences with the lyrics to many famous and catchy holiday tunes to sing along with.

Other concerts for this upcoming holiday season are very popular. For example, KIIS FM’s annual Jingle Ball on December 1st at The Forum. This event features very popular artists such as Taylor Swift, Liam Payne, Logic, The Chainsmokers and many more.

There are many chances to win tickets to this event, whether it be giveaways or “guess the lyrics” games on the radio station.

Holiday concerts are also used as ways to gain money for good causes.

Stevie Wonder’s House Full of Toys Benefit on Dec. 10 at the Staples Center is used as a fundraiser to raise money for children, people with disabilities, and families in need during the holidays.

Local concerts include those of our very own music programs.

The Arlington High School choir program performs its annual holiday concert in the theater on Dec. 12 and 13. This is followed up by the Arlington High School concert band’s holiday performance on Dec. 19. Band’s concert is free, while choir tickets are $5 pre-sale and $7 at the door.