Prom night is the time to highlight

Marisol Bautista, Activity central editor

Prom is here and there are a few simple, yet stunning makeup looks to help you create that perfect look to match the Gatsby style.
Bold, fierce, and a pop of color are some words to keep in mind when doing a Roaring 20’s daring look.
“A vibrant yet settle look will look really good to match this theme,” said Adrianna Love, senior.
“People should do like a rose gold glitter with a maroon cut crease. Along with a matte dark lip color and fake eyelashes of course,” added Love.
Kimberly De Santiago, senior, suggests sweeping a gray color on the crease of your eye and blend it up to your brow bone. Then clean up the lid with concealer. It’s a good idea to clean it up so it doesn’t look messy when applying the glitter. Apply some glitter primer so it can stay on all night. If you don’t have glitter primer eyelash glue works as well. Apply gold or silver glitter whichever suits your dress better.
Celebrity makeup artist Paola Orlando suggests keeping your eye makeup dark. Heavy layers of black eyeliner topped with dark gray eyeshadow, and the occasional pop of turquoise or green complete the look.
Put a full coverage foundation and don’t be afraid to make your contour strong. Apply some blush above the contour. Add some highlight and go crazy. Make sure you shine as bright as the star you are.
Red lips were very popular in the 20s. So to finish the look, Rachel Wood, celebrity makeup artist, suggests a bright cream or matte finish red lipstick.
This is to “make sure to accentuate the round fullness of the Cupid’s bow for that silent screen feel,” Wood added.
One tip to make your lipstick last longer is to put pressed powder. First put your lipstick on, put the pressed powder on top of the lipstick, and then add another coat of lipstick.
If your dress is more on the simple side then you can make your makeup more dramatic.
For example, take a neutral shade eyeshadow and put it all over your eyelid. Do a dramatic black eyeliner wing. Then take any color liner that compliments your dress and put it above the black eyeliner. Complete the look by doing your foundation, contour, and blush.
“People should be open to getting their makeup done by a professional because it can be a great experience,” said Brittney Chavez, senior.
If you can do your own makeup and make it look professional then you’re amazing. If you prefer to get your makeup done, some places to get your makeup done are Sephora, MAC, Ulta, and family members or friends.
Prom is your chance to go all out with your makeup, so don’t be afraid to add some color or glitter and go all out on your highlight.