Tunstall takes on leadership, performing arts, more

Gary Tunstal, senior

Gary Tunstal, senior

Juan Ochoa

Juan Ochoa

Gary Tunstal, senior

Ally Riddle, Managing Editor

Gary Tunstal, senior

Juan Ochoa
Gary Tunstal, senior

Being involved and being active in organizations on campus is not only important to developing a sense of community on a high school campus, but it is a great way to build leadership and responsibility.
February Student of the Month, Gary Tunstall, senior, takes being involved to a whole new level.
Tunstall is involved in numerous school organizations such as football, Theater, ROAR and Sports Medicine Club.
On top of his involvement in these activities, he is the president of the choir program, is in ASB as Director of Clubs and he maintains a GPA of 3.4.
“It’s been drilled in my head that my grades now will affect how well I do in the future for almost anything I decide to do,” said Tunstall.
This level of involvement may often require Tunstall to do somewhat of a balancing act.
“Setting my priorities and making sure I know what needs to be done and what is not quite as important [is how I balance everything],” said Tunstall.
Not only can time management be a challenge to balance, but with being president of an organization it can often be hard for Tunstall to balance being in charge with being a classmate.
“The hardest part about being choir president would probably have to be the fact that I kind of have to act differently with my friends in the class. When it’s showtime, I become more of their boss than a friend. It’s hard to act that way with all my friends,” said Tunstall.
Although Tunstall may find it difficult to be in charge of his peers, he is looked at as a great leader.

“He understands his role as choir president and he steps up to the plate. He is a natural born leader and is confident when directing the choir. He is poised, literate, and easy to talk to. He has earned the respect of the choir members and supporters,” said Amaris Garcia, senior Chamber Singer.
With such a great reputation and leadership experience, Tunstall has many plans for his future career.
“My No. 1 goal is to make it into Broadway or the acting business world. But if that doesn’t work, something in music for sure. In order to achieve what I believe is my purpose,” said Tunstall.
“Gary is extremely confident and talented. He never stays away from a challenge and puts his mind to getting things done,” said Garcia.
“He’s great!” said senior Chamber Singer Naomi Bupte. “He’s always keeping us on task and is just a cool person to have in our choir.”

Confidence, talent and great leadership skills, Tunstall is sure to have success in the future and the capability to reach his goal.
As he is ASB Director of clubs Tunstall has full responsibility of running Inter Club Council meetings, putting together club rush and getting all the needed club information.
“Gary’s greatest strength in ASB is his personal initiative to get the task done to the best of his ability to serve the student body,” said Jennifer Pfeffer, ASB advisor.
“Always give your complete 100 percent in all that you do,” said Tunstall. “And always remember to keep your friends close no matter what because they’ll be there for you when things get really rough.”