Are you too old for Halloween?

Daisy Hernandez, Writer

Ah, Halloween.

A time when dress-up is at its finest and dwellings are shrouded in darkness and gore.

When children in abundance go door to door begging for candy, not caring about the cavities that are soon to come.

For some, Halloween is a time of thrill and chill. The one time of the year when ghouls are welcomed and fear is embraced. But for others, Halloween is something that remains but a sole memory left behind in their childhood.

It’s hard to believe that many people, as they mature, seem to think that they are too old for Halloween.

I’m pretty sure that the majority of us have at least one good memory of a past Halloween night as a child.

However, should the memories stop there? Is Halloween something that comes and goes with age?

Personally, I think that Halloween is something that sticks with us no matter how old we get.

Even if trick-or-treating isn’t really your thing anymore, dressing up just for fun is always enjoyable. The excitement one feels when they get go out to pick a costume is something that is undeniable. If you have ever wanted to become someone else for a change, this is the night where all of that is possible.

“Even though I don’t go out trick-or-treating for candy anymore, I do still love to dress up and do my makeup different for the day,” said Sara Curren, a junior.

Trick-or-treating is not the only way to obtain candy on this spooky night.

Because let’s be honest, candy is something you never grow out of.

While you may not have asked for it yourself, you might have sneaked some from your little brother or sister’s stash. Or maybe, if you don’t have a younger sibling, from that big bowl your parents keep for the trick-or-treaters.

This is the one time of the year that excessive amounts of candy are available, so might as well enjoy it.