Riverside parade honors local veterans

Gustavo Rios, News Editor

Riverside’s 13th annual A Salute to Veterans Day Parade will be took place Nov. 18 in Downtown Riverside.

As the name implies, the parade is designed to honor and celebrate the local war veterans and others who have served in a branch of the military.

Since 2005, the parade has always consisted of more than 100 entries, which range from antique cars to marching bands and even traditional floats. However, parade manager Jeffrey Crumbaker and others in charge have attempted make new changes in the parade.

The parade will start at 10 a.m at the RCC parking area and will stop at 12 p.m. on Main street.  There is no fee for spectators, so many are encouraged to participate and honor local veterans.

For example, this year will be the first that an expo that will include static displays and organizations, whose services are directed to veterans, will take place near the Riverside County Courthouse immediately following the parade.

Fundraising for the event was hosted during the week of Nov 12, Riverside’s official Veteran’s week. However, the parade committee is still looking for volunteers, parade participants, and expo participants for help.

The parade itself will begin at RCC, continue on through downtown through various streets, and finally end on Main Street. Afterwards, spectators are invited to attend the aforementioned expo at the Riverside County Courthouse.