Take a look into some of the most popular shows on Netflix

Maya Khan, News Editor

Netflix is loved by tons of children, young adults, and elders for its amazing service it gives to them all when they are given nothing better to do. Netflix is an entertainment, streaming service known by many people, who love to watch different genres.

Title: Riverdale
Date released: Jan. 26, 2017
Synopsis: First death of Riverdale is high school golden boy, Jason Blossom, who passed away soon leading to many other incidents and deaths. Archie Andrews will not stop searching for The Black Hood, who everyone believes is doing the sneaky schemes of the small, dark town.
Opinion: “Riverdale” is based on the classic oldie, “Archie Comics”, brought to present-day. It is a very suspenseful, spooky show and it brings a lot of wanderous thoughts to your head of what is going to happen next, but it is not all spooky. Although there are crazy moments, it is always fixed with the fun and humorous moments that are brought to you to brighten up your mind after the hecticness.

Title: American Horror Story
Date released: Oct. 5, 2011
Synopsis: “American Horror Story” better known as AHS, has different themes for each season, known as, Murder House, Asylum, Coven, Freak Show, Hotel, Roanoke and Cult. Then, there is Apocalypse, which is a mash-up of all the themes. “American Horror Story” is known for its creepy, ghoulish, and gory backgrounds to bring people at awe of the horrid situations brought to their sight.
Opinion: “American Horror Story” is very creepy. It is an all around weird show that is hard for some people to watch because it includes phobias and fears that people can not stand to view whether it is on the show or not.

Title: The Vampire Diaries
Date released: Sept. 10, 2009
Synopsis: Mystic Falls is full of vampires, werewolves, and witches, who are all craving their own needs of satisfaction. Although, main vampires who are better known as brothers, Damon and Stefan Salvatore crave innocent Elena Gilbert, transforming her life into a not-so-innocent life.
Opinion: “Vampire Diaries” is the basic vampire love story, but even better. It is a dramatic romance that puts you on the edge of your seat.

Title: The Flash
Date released: Oct. 7, 2014
Synopsis: Barry Allen is a Central City police forensic scientist, who lives a satisfied life, besides the trauma of a red and yellow lightning strike that killed his mother. Later in his life, he got struck by lightning from an accident due to a particle accelerator then began his journey as Central City’s hero, “The Flash”.
Opinion: “The Flash” is a one of my favorite DC Comics character. I love how he portrays himself as a normal human being still, along with running around the city doing his duty to save the people who are in need.

Title: Stranger Things
Date released: July 15, 2016
Synopsis: Will Byers transports to the Upside Down in the unknown, mysterious Hawkins and as a result, his family and friends try to find him, while running into Eleven, a young, confused telekinetic girl who helps them search along the way.
Opinion: “Stranger Things” is an amazing show. The actors and actress know how to make the audience feel connected to them through their hectic, emotional situations.

Title: 13 Reasons Why
Date released: March 31, 2017
Synopsis: “13 Reasons Why” is not only about young and innocent Hannah Baker, who killed herself. It is about her journey through bullying, fear, and neglect that led her to feel hatred about herself, leading up to suicide.
Opinion: “13 Reasons Why” is very deep, emotionally and mentally. It makes you realize and understand that society is cruel. “13 Reasons Why” shows you what can happen to people, who deal with struggles and difficulties, such as what Hannah Baker had to deal with.

Title: Black Mirror
Date Released: Dec. 4, 2011
Synopsis: “Black Mirror” is a series that takes place in Great Britain, which is all about modern-society’s new technologies that bring fear and problems to the characters in “Black Mirror”.
Opinion: “Black Mirror” shows things that are unethical and do not meet reality’s standards, but a show everyone is still obsessed with because of its modern-day techie “Twilight Zone” vibe.

Title: Grey’s Anatomy
Date Released: March 27, 2005
Synopsis: “Grey’s Anatomy” is an American medical drama series about surgical interns and attending physicians. They are leading up to their careers, but along with it comes personal problems and problems within their jobs.
Opinion: “Grey’s Anatomy” is a very good show. I love how they portray their professionalism in the scenes, but with it comes their personal problems, which affects their daily routines in the life as a worker in the hospital.

Title: Atypical
Date Released: Aug.11, 2017
Synopsis: Sam Gardner, an autistic, young adult faces autism personally and socially, while in high school and trying to figure out what he wants to do for his future. Being autistic has brought him a lot of challenges and need for more assistance, but through his experience personally and socially, he wants freedom and to stop getting the assistance people always want to give him.
Opinion: “Atypical” is a very heartwarming show and sometimes very sad. It really shows you the other side to the things a lot of people have to deal with. “Atypical” shows that being a father and mother of an autistic child is no different than any other parent, but just having to be way more alert.

Title: Friends
Date Released: Sept. 22, 1994
Synopsis: Six friends, three young men and three women, living in New York City and in the same apartment complex face the world together. In the middle of Central City, they face the real world of love and life problems.
Opinion: “Friends” is a wholesome, comedic show that pulls all sorts of emotions out of you. It comes: happiness, sadness and surprise.

Title: The Office
Date released: March 24, 2005
Synopsis: “The Office” is an awkward, mockumentary of all the managers and the office workers. Michael Scott is the manager, who should be focusing on “managing” them, yet they are all doing their own things being disregarded.
Opinion: “The Office” indeed, is very awkward due to random silences and weird things being done that normal day-to-day people would not do. “The Office” is also filmed as if it was a documentary, which makes it look like everything is happening in the moment. Although, it is not all awkward, there are many heartfelt moments that still bring joy and a good reason to have chosen to watch the show.