What are you thankful for?

Liana Ariza, Reporter

“I’m thankful for [being]   given a opportunity to be around the people that have helped me back on my feet and the touch of love from each and every one of them. I’m also thankful for the people that showed me my my wrong and rights, that made me the person I am  today. I’m thankful for life by having to be aside of an amazing and blessing family.”

-Natalie Alcaraz, junior

“I’m thankful for my parents who have always been very supportive and encouraging especially when times are tough.”

-Gabriela Ramirez, junior

“I am honestly thankful for many things: my family, my close friends, and, of course, my boyfriend because without them I wouldn’t be the person I am today and also wouldn’t be where I am.”

-Laura Gomez, junior

“I’m thankful for my family who is always there for me when I need their help, especially my mom who supports me with everything I do. She’s always driving me back and forth from school to my house and other community service events I participate in. I’m also thankful for my friends who make everyday so much better and make hard moments easier and just overall the gift that is life. Although it gets hard, at least I’m living.”

-Iliana Lazaro, sophomore

“Throughout the 16 years  that I have lived I can say that I am thankful for my family, the opportunities I am given, my education, and my life in general.”

-Emili Duran, junior

“I am thankful to have a roof over my head with my parents that care about me and push me to my limits so even if I give up, they won’t give up on me. I’m also thankful for my friends because I could always count on them for anything from needed help to cheering me up. ”

-Joshua Fuentes, junior

“I am thankful for my family and friends. I am also thankful that I have a place to live in and that I have food in my house. Another thing I am thankful for is for good health I have. I am also thankful for the education I have that will make me successful later on in life. Also I am thankful for all the great moments I have with each person that is in my life and that I love. In general, I am thankful for everything that I have in life.”

-Maria Castro-Contreras, junior

“I am thankful for my my family and for my friends who became like my family. They mean the world to me and they made me who I am today. ”

-Genesis Estrada, senior

“I’m thankful for the loving family that I have. Even though there are some days that I might not agree with them, the unconditional love they give me is irreplaceable. My family supports me, encourages me, and loves me even though I might not be the best daughter or the best sister. They love me flaws and all. At the end of the day family isn’t just a bloodline it’s the people that love and care for you and that’s what I’m thankful for. ”

-Esther Mejia, freshman